Saturday, March 8, 2008

So much for sleeping early

Alright, so much for sleeping early... This morning, my friend called me and asked me whether I want to take a trip to Langkawi. Since my parents agreed, and I'm always interested in islands and beaches, of course I promised! I went out with my friends in the evening, because they're sending me back to my place, so we can meet up easily early tomorrow morning and go to Langkawi. I got back from Queensbay on 6 something, went to have an early dinner at Old Town, and got back home on 7 something, and then I cleaned myself, packed up, read a novel for a while, and slept on 8:30pm. I planned to wake up on 5 in the morning to prepare myself, but then I received a call from my friend, telling me something about our trip, and since then my phone can't stop ringing. My parents kept on calling me to tell me Malaysia's Election results. They asked me not to go Langkawi in case a riot happen and we won't be able to come back, and asked me to come back to my uncle's place because BN supporters may start a fight with DAP or something.. incident like 513 rusuhan kaum will happen. Now, I won't be sleeping early because I can see my love, which is my beloved laptop, and I'm not going to Langkawi either. Great! 



Anyway, I went to War Museum yesterday. After presented my ID project and received my practical training letter, my classmates and I suddenly have the urge to go visit the War Museum at Bayan Lepas. I was in high spirits the moment I got there. Oh, I love being in natural surroundings and place full with heritage things! We started our tour after the reception's briefing by following the arrows on the floor. We walked and look around, nothing very very interesting, but then we walked through a metal door at the path side, realising ourselves were walking into a room where people during the war kept and made bomb (cool~)! After that, we went out of the room by crawling into a tunnel, then stand up and crawl a long stairs which is 90 degrees from the floor. My friend said he saw there's another path when he was half way on the exit on the stairs, but I don't know. It was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too dark there, can't see a thing. We tried to capture the dark path using the camera, but we did not succeed, it's too small and too dark and too 90 degrees. 



There are two places where the big bomb and places for on duty officers to be on guard, and both of them have a big field to put the bomb thing. One of the bomb is not there, but the description wrote 'the shadow of the monster bomb' (or something), and the whole ground is painted black with the bombs and bomb shells shapes, and I can't imagine how big it is, I mean HUGE!!! Then, according to the map we get, we found a site at the very steep ground, which is more like a mountain. I walked down bare footed (I loved being bare footed!!) and walked up in my high heels, haha! It's just 'bout 8 inches actually, so it's not very high. =p Next, we went to the torture room, and YUCKS! The smell is really disgusting! Plus the tools and pictures, it freaks me out. There's also a place where girls being raped. My friend was yelling like nuts before I got there, and I just saw fake blood (fake like Sweeney Todd movie), but suddenly I saw hair, very messy hair, and I was startled. In the end I realised it was a fake model showing a raped girl (herself), pointing the place where she was raped. I was really scared by then. Anyway, I really enjoyed being there. There're still lots that I've seen, but couldn't possibly write in here, I spent more than 2 hours in there.



At night, I went for a movie with Ai Xing, my sister and cousin. We went to watch The Spiderwick Chronicles. Quite nice... It's the kid from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, now I want to watch Ah Long Pte. Ltd. and 10,000B.C.. Just waiting for the right time and I can download it. Haha!



Ok larh, gonna stop now, I've written enough today. Ta~

No comments:

Post a Comment