Monday, November 2, 2009

Sabah Trip Day 1

Finally I got to go to the other half part of Malaysia!! My uncle held a trip to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah for his employees, and we got the chance to go there together, woohoo~!
We went there by plane, boarding from Senai Airport, Johore to Kinabalu Airport. I don't really like Senai Airport because we need to take JUST 3 MINUTES WALK to and fro the parking lot and airport due to their renovations that seems never-ending. Well, I didn't need 3 minutes, just 1 to 2 minutes.. hehe.. but because there's a board at each end of the pathway saying 'Just 3 Minutes Walk'.. and I'm always lazy, especially when I was carrying luggage.

The flight from Johore to Kota Kinabalu took about 2 hours, and so sis ordered Air Asia's fried rice which taste.. erm.. perfect only if you're starving XD; while I continued with my book. We also took some pics on plane, because 2 hours flight is a little bit.. boring, hee..

Finally, we arrived Kinabalu Airport which is surprisingly small.. well, just to me.. I thought Sabah is a very busy place.. and we were welcomed by our 2 tourists guides. We were then taken to a restaurant for lunch, and I was shocked when I got to know they have ordered 8 dishes and 1 big bowl of soup for us..


After lunch, they took us on a city tour of Kinabalu city, we then stop in front of the 30 storey Sabah Foundation Building. According to the tour guides, there's a revolving restaurant on the 18th floor, but then it would be very expensive.. hmn, I want to try to get up there and have a meal one day, when I have no money worries XD

After that, the 2 tour guides took us to try out their fruits -- Durian, mango and something called Talap. There're 2 kinds of Durians -- one with orange meat, taste very creamy, like Durian moouse; and the other one with long thorns, looks like sea urchin.. and the people there call it 流星槌.. but it taste almost the same with those normal Durians we eat in Peninsular Malaysia, just maybe.. the taste a little bit stronger.

Then the mango.. taste the same, only more textured, but the skin looked like rotten melon, and thicker, and bigger compared to those mangoes we saw here.

Well, as for Talap.. I don't know how to explain the taste.. sweet and sour, mommy says it tastes a little bit like nangka.. that I'm not sure, cause I never eat nangka, can't stand the smell.. but this fruit has no strong smell like durians or cempedak..

Next stop -- Power Station Road (动力火车路?)The Kinabalu Park. It is the entrance to Mount Kinabalu, but we just stop at the entrance to look around and take pictures.. I'm so NOT climbing this mountain.. There's a climbathon ranking board situated next to the entrance, showing names of superhumans who took less then 4 hours to run up and down this mountain. Anyway, the weather there is wonderful~ about 16 degree celcius when I was there, and the air.. incredibly fresh.. if I ignore the smoker next to me by then..

Oh! And not to forget the beautiful view there.. sadly, clouds covered up the peak of Mount Kinabalu, if not it would be perfect!

After that, we were taken to The Cottage Hotel, our hotel for our 1st night in Sabah. No surprises here.. not till when I saw our steamboat dinner. I was very very shocked when I saw the portion of food prepared for 8 people, especially the crabs! Ah~! Everyone can take more then 3 or 4 crabs and still have a few left.. but the shrimps are not fresh.. so eww..

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment