Friday, November 6, 2009

3rd and Last Day in Sabah

Day 3 -- Beach Day~
We went to Mamutik Island, the smallest island that covers six hectares. The speed boat we took sped like crazy and so, we took only approximately 10 minutes to the island from mainland boat terminal, Jesselton Point.

Mamutik Island is a peaceful island with rich coral and marine life, and the sea is so clear that we didn't need to snorkel to see fishes! However, I went snorkelling in the end, since I'm already
on the island.. I can't describe how beautiful the underwater world is, I didn't need to snorkel far to see corals and marine life, and.. sadly, I can't use my camera to take pictures of that..

After snorkelling and swimming in the sea, buffet lunch was provided, and again.. lots of seafood~

We got back to mainland 2 afternoon because most of us are already tired. As my sister and I got back to the hotel and dumped everything in our room, we jumped into the swimming pool located on the basement, next to the gymnasium. The pool was not big but equipped with Jacuzzi, and since I didn't really feel like swimming, I sat there for body massage and enjoy being rained xD

Bout 6 in the evening, we went to Tanjung Aru Beach, a beach famed with its spectacular sunset. The beach is not as clean as Mamutik Island but still acceptable, at least better then PCB and Gurney Drive We sat down at a cafe and ordered some extremly overpriced drinks while waited for the sunset, but didn't get to see it, as clouds were too think that day. However, I got to enjoy watching angmos bathing in the sea.. woOooHoo~

* Nothing to see.. too much clouds, covered up the Sun.

While we were waiting for our tourist buses, we saw some workers dressed up in the Kadazandusun costumes. Don't know what their function were...

Ah~ A wonderful day with sun and beach and sea We went back the next day after going to the Sunday Market (nothing special, just their usual beads accessories and vegetables and fruits and.. some other things we always see in the markets) and taken our lunch.

-The End-

No comments:

Post a Comment